PH Stocks Close Historic Week at Slightly Lower Note
Manila–(PHStocks)–Whether because of investors’ fear or profit-taking, local shares ended this week on a weak note. The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) closed the week ended 24 February at 4,893.00 – slightly down by 0.48 points from 4,893.48 points in the previous day.
The Financials and the Holding Firms indices continued their growth by gaining 0.45% and 0.46%, respectively. The Industrials sector, meanwhile, grew slightly by 0.09%.
Trading volume reached 14.17 billion, valued at PhP9.64 billion. There were 59 gainers against 111 losers, while 39 stocks remained flat.
Below are the top price gainers for the day:
1. IRC Properties Inc. (PSE: IRC): PhP1.80, +50%
2. Mabuhay Holdings Corp. (PSE: MHC): PhP0.80, +37.93%
3. Union Bank of the Philippines (PSE: UBP): PhP135.00, +17.39%
4. Aboitiz Power Corp. (PSE: AP): PhP33.75, +10.84%
5. City & Land Developers Inc. (PSE: LAND): PhP1.90, +8.57%
6. Greenergy Holdings Inc. (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.013, +8.33%
7. NiHAO Mineral Resources International Inc. (PSE: NI): PhP10.94, +7.89%
8. Central Azucarera De Tarlac (PSE: CAT): PhP14.00, +7.69%
9. Waterfront Philippines Inc. (PSE: WPI): PhP0.57, +7.55%
10. Dizon Copper Silver Mines Inc. (PSE: DIZ): PhP39.90, +7.55%