Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks sustained their rally Tuesday, 23 July, ahead of the earnings report season. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index jump by 1.75% or 115.85 points to close the day’s trading at 6,743.21.
All counters are back in the green, led by the Services index, which increased by 2.24%. The Holding Firms sector extended its gains, posting a 2.15% growth. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, went up by 1.66%.
Trading was moderate. Value turnover reached PhP8.72 billion on 1.37 billion shares traded. According to PSE, foreign buying was PhP4.14 billion while foreign selling reached PhP3.96 billion today.
The top most active stocks include Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP3,100.00, +2.79%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP30.90, +1.15%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP630.00, +1.78%), Security Bank Corporation (SECB, PhP139.30, -2.59%), Manila Electric Company (MER, PhP285.00, +3.41%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP110.70, +0.91%), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPI, PhP5.39, +4.46%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP18.48, +0.76%), Megaworld Corporation (MEG, PhP3.50, +1.45%), and Universal Robina Corporation (URC, PhP125.10, +0.24%).
- Philippine Seven Corporation (PSE: SEVN): PhP120.00, +18.81%
- Atok-Big Wedge Company Inc. (PSE: AB): PhP23.90, +16.59%
- Alphaland Corporation (PSE: ALPHA): PhP46.50, +16.25%
- PetroEnergy Resources Corporation (PSE: PERC): PhP7.00, +14.75%
- SPC Power Corporation (PSE: SPC): PhP5.58, +13.88%
- Trans-Asia Oil and Energy Development Corp. (PSE: TA): PhP2.72, +13.33%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.26, +8.62%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.013, +8.33%
- Benguet Corporation “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP9.30, +6.9%
- Seafront Resources Corporation (PSE: SPM): PhP1.76, +6.67%
- Manila Jockey Club Inc. (PSE: MJC): PhP2.01, -8.64%
- Concrete Aggregates Corporation “A” (PSE: CA): PhP55.00, -8.18%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.015, -6.25%
- Shang Properties Inc. (PSE: SHNG): PhP3.10, -6.06%
- I-Remit Inc. (PSE: I): PhP2.79, -5.1%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.70, -5.03%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP23.40, -4.49%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.60, -4.35%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP11.50, -4.17%
- Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. (PSE: IMI): PhP2.50, -3.85%