PH Stocks Break 6,700 Level
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks made history once again, nine weeks into the year, as the benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) strongly recovered from last week’s close to breach the 6,700-point mark and conclude trading today, 25 February, at 6,721.33 – up by 56.27 points or 0.84%.
All counters were up as well, led by the Industrials index, which gained 1.68%, followed by the Services sector, which posted a 1.08%. The Mining and Oil index likewise has started to recover after a week of decline. It posted a 0.35% growth at the end of the market today.
Overall, the wider All-Shares index went up by 0.81% or 33.6 points.
On his twitter account, @Hbsicat, Hans B. Sicat, President and Chief Executive Officer of the PSE, wrote: “One of the foundations of a strong market is liquidity. This has driven the PSEi to its record 6,700 plus level.”
Trading continued to be heavy today, with value turnover reaching about PhP7.8 billion, on 2.68 billion shares traded. There were 112 gainers against 55 decliners, while 43 stocks remained flat.
Below are today’s top gainers:
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP10, +12.61%
- Century Properties Group Inc. (PSE: CPG): PhP2.40, +11.63%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP3.95, +11.27%
- Shang Properties Inc. (PSE: SHNG): PhP3.60, +9.42%
- Araneta Properties Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP1.73, +8.81%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS2 (PSE: MEGW2): PhP2.85, +7.55%
- Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corporation (PSE: CHIPS): PhP22.50, +7.14%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.61, +7.02%
- Omico Corporation (PSE: OM): PhP0.59, +5.36%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP21, +5%
Below, meanwhile, are the top losers:
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.40, -13.98%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.021, -8.7%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.017, -5.56%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.46, -4.17%
- SM Development Corporation (PSE: SMDC): PhP8.95, -3.97%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP4.04, -3.81%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.255, -3.77%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.34, -3.6%
- Centro Escolar University (PSE: CEU): PhP11.50, -3.2%
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (PSE: BPI): PhP110.50, -3.07%
One thought on “PH Stocks Break 6,700 Level”
Pingback: PH Stocks Succumb to Profit Taking | PHStocks