PH Stocks Break 6,600-Level
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continue their surge Friday, 18 October, buoyed by positive market sentiment in the United States.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) went up by 0.72% or 46.95 points to close the week’s trading at 6,607.83, breaking past the 6,600-level as investor confidence continue to be in the high amid positive market news from the U.S. markets.
Except for the Property index (-0.16%), all counters continue to be in the green, led by Services sector (+0.99%), followed by the Holding Firms sector (+0.97%) and the Mining and Oil (+0.94%). The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, ended the week 0.69% higher.
Trading was slightly heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP8.04 billion on 1.92 billion traded shares. There were 89 gainers against 63 losers, while 37 stocks were flat.
Today’s top most active stocks in terms of value include Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,856.00, 0.14%), Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI, PhP4.90, -1.01%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.45, 1.73%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP30.50, -0.33%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP81.00, NC), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP16.88, -3.54%), First Gen Corporation (FGEN, PhP16.32, 1.24%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (MBT, PhP92.00, 1.43%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP124.70, 2.21%), and SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP16.50, -1.20%).
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.85, 42.31%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP11.00, 34.15%
- Now Corp. (PSE: NOW): PhP0.41, 12.33%
- Marcventures Holdings Inc. (PSE: MARC): PhP3.24, 9.46%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.89, 8.62%
- Vitarich Corp. (PSE: VITA): PhP0.75, 7.14%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.48, 6.67%
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.16, 6.67%
- Acesite (Philippines) Hotel Corp. (PSE: ACE): PhP1.14, 6.54%
- San Miguel Corp. (PSE: SMC): PhP85.00, 6.52%
- Panasonic Manufacturing Philippines Corp. (PSE: PMPC): PhP5.20, -19.38%
- Synergy Grid & Development Phils. Inc. (PSE: SGP): PhP255.00, -15%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.24, -7.69%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.028, -6.67%
- Wellex Industries Inc. (PSE: WIN): PhP0.21, -6.25%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP6.01, -6.09%
- Maybank ATR Kim Eng Financial Corp. (PSE: MAKE): PhP20.85, -5.23%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.69, -5.06%
- Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP1.90, -5%
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.072, -4%