History Yet Again: PH Stocks Breach 4,900-point Mark
Manila–(PHStocks)–Philippine stocks made history for the second time this year by breaching the 4,900-point mark in less than a month after reaching the 4,800s.
The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) rallied to close 20 February at 4,943.84 points, up by 1.3%, as investor confidence returned on news that Greece is likely to seal its second bailout package today. All counters except the Services index gained as well, with the Property counter growing by 4.4%, followed by the Mining and Oil sector, which posted a 2.7% gain at the end of the trading day. The Financials index continues is growth, adding a 2.54% gain today to close at 1,191.05 points.
Trading volume reached 13.35 billion, valued at PhP10.58 billion. There were 105 gainers versus 63 losers, while 41 stocks remained flat.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
1. Roxas & Company Inc. (PSE: RCI): PhP2.01, +50%
2. Concrete Aggregates Corp. “A” (PSE: CA): PhP88.00, +16.56%
3. Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP1.64, +13.89%
4. Oriental Petroleum and Mineral Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.025, +13.64%
5. Jolliville Holdings Corp. (PSE: JOH): PhP2.78, +13.47%
6. The Philodrill Corp. (PSE: OV): PhP0.044, +12.82%
7. Dizon Copper Silver Mines Inc. (PSE: DIZ): PhP28.75, +12.75%
8. Megawide Construction Corp. (PSE: MWIDE): PhP12.80, +11.3%
9. Cebu Property Ventures and Development Corp. “B” (PSE: CPVB): PhP4.35, +10.13%
10. Basic Energy Corp. (PSE: BSC): PhP0.265, +9.96%