Investors worldwide cheered the announcement by ECB President Mario Draghi that the bank will start buying bonds worth €60 billion a month. This has fueled a positive market sentiment today, with majority of the stock markets in the region closing this week’s trading on the positive side.
PSEi, meanwhile, posted a gain of 1.79% or 132.62 points to finish today’s session at 7,548.93. All counters are in the green category, led by the Property segment (+2.1%) and Holding Firms (+2.05%).
Trading volume reached 4.87 billion today, valued at PhP12.2 billion. Foreign buying reached PhP6.58 billion, while foreign selling totaled PhP5.75 billion, for a net buy of PhP830 million. There were 114 gainers against 68 losers, while 42 stocks were flat.
- JG Summit Holdings Inc. (PSE: JGS): PhP63.75, 2.66%
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PSE: TEL): PhP2,962.00, 0.2%
- Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI): PhP35.65, 2.3%
- Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (PSE: MBT): PhP93.25, 3.61%
- Universal Robina Corp. (PSE: URC): PhP202.00, 2.69%
- The Philodrill Corp. (PSE: OV): PhP0.022, 22.22%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.016, 14.29%
- Jackstones Inc. (PSE: JAS): PhP3.70, 8.19%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.014, 7.69%
- TKC Steel Corp. (PSE: T): PhP1.72, 7.5%