PH Stocks Stretch Gains, Edge Closer to 5,000
Manila–(PHStocks)–Local shares continued their gains on Thursday, with the bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) regaining its foothold at the 4,900-point territory and closing at 4,938.61 points, up by 0.84% or 40.96 points from yesterday.
The Financials index continued its growth, gaining further 2.49%, while the Holding Firms sector went up by 0.97%. The Mining & Oil sector, however, shed 2.41%.
Trading volume reached 5.93 billion, valued at PhP8.12 billion. There were 93 gainers against 70 losers and 45 flat stocks.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
1. Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP5.86, +26.02%
2. Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.32, +14.29%
3. Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “A” (PSE: MIH): PhP1.96, +13.95%
4. Philippine Estates Corp. (PSE: PHES): PhP0.51, +12.09%
5. ATR KimEng Financial Corp. (PSE: ATRK): PhP4.00, +11.11%
6. Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “B” (PSE: MIHB): PhP2.00, +11.11%
7. Seafront Resources Corp. (PSE: SPM): PhP1.55, +9.15%
8. ABS-CBN Holdings Corp. – Phil. Deposit Receipts (PSE: ABSP): PhP38.20, +9.14%
9. Centro Escolar University (PSE: CEU): PhP10.50, +7.69%
10. Megaworld Corp. – WARRANTS1 (PSE: MEGW1): PhP0.86, +7.5%