PH Stocks Retreated
Manila—(PHStocks)–Possible profit taking wiped off the gains earned by local shares yesterday as the market retreated at the close the week after a strong three-day rally. The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEi) dropped to 4,758.57 points at the close of the market today, after touching a record 4,822 points yesterday.
All counters except the Financials and Mining & Oil indices were down, led by the 3.16% decline by the Holding Firms sector. The Property sector also shaved off its gains yesterday, dropping by 1.84% today.
The Financials sector edged slightly up by 0.53% while the Mining & Oil index managed to pull a 0.12% increase.
Trading volume reached 11.44 billion, valued at PhP8.68 billion. There were 107 losers against 79 gainers, while 32 stocks remain flat.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
1. Chemical Industries of the Philippines (PSE: CIP): PhP92.25, +50%
2. Keppel Philippines Properties Inc. (PSE: KEP): PhP2.40, +50%
3. MJC Investments Corporation (PSE: MJIC): PhP4.47, +41.9%
4. Imperial Resources Inc. “A” (PSE: IMP): PhP13.50, +35.81%
5. Keppel Philippines Holdings, Inc. “A” (PSE: KPH): PhP4.60, +33.33%
6. Republic Glass Holdings Corporation (PSE: REG): PhP2.28, +29.55%
7. Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.60, +22.45%
8. F & J Prince Holdings Corporation “B” (PSE: FJPB): PhP3.55, +18.33%
9. GMA Network Inc. (PSE: GMA7): PhP9.62, +17.03
10. Interport Resources Corporation Class “A” (PSE: IRC): PhP0.98, +16.67%