PH Stocks Recover
Manila–(PHStocks)–Local shares ended the month of January on a positive note, recovering the slight losses yesterday. The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEi) closed Tuesday at 4,682.44, up 0.82% from yesterday.
However, the Services Index went down for the second consecutive day this week, ending at 1,724.59, down 0.38%.
All other counters were up, led by the Property sector, which gained 1.73%, followed by the Holding Firms Index, which gained 1.29%.
There were 109 gainers today against 57 losers, while 39 were flat.
The top gainers for the day are as follows:
1. LMG Chemicals Corporation (PSE: LMG): PhP6.60, +47.32%
2. Mariwasa Siam Holdings, Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP4.05, +35.45%
3. Interport Resources Corporation Class “B” (PSE: IRCB): PhP0.88, +18.92%
4. F & J Prince Holdings Corporation “B” (PSE: FJPB): PhP3.10, +18.77%
5. Interport Resources Corporation Class “A” (PSE: IRC): PhP0.85, +14.86%
6. Prime Orion Philippines, Inc. (PSE: POPI): PhP0.55, +11.11%
7. Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP2.52, +11.01%
8. F & J Prince Holdings Corporation “A” (PSE: FJP): PhP2.81, +10.63%
9. City & Land Developers Inc. (PSE: LAND): PhP1.69, +9.74%
10. NiHao Mineral Resources International Inc. (PSE: NI): PhP8.02, +8.67%