Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks managed to pull in some gains despite a weak start during the trading session early today, 29 October.
The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) recover from the sell-off intraday to end today’s trading at 6,543.46, up by 3.65 points or 0.06%.
While three counters were in the red, namely the Property (-1.14%), Financials (-0.15%) and Mining and Oil (-0.03%) indices, the other three recovered: Holding Firms (+0.61%), Services (+0.35%) and Industrials (+0.04%). The wider All Shares index lost 1.02 points, however.
Trading today was weak. Value turnover reached only PhP6.4 billion on 700 million shares traded. According to PSE, foreign buying was PhP3.8 billion while foreign selling reached PhP4.1 billion. There were 60 gainers against 77 losers, while 51 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks in terms of value were Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,854.00, 0.14%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP18.50, -5.52%), DMCI Holdings Inc. (DMC, PhP51.40, 0.78%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (MBT, PhP89.00, -1.33%), GT Capital Holdings Inc. (GTCAP, PhP845.00, -1.52%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.75, -1.11%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP860.00, 2.63%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP29.00, 1.4%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP601.50, 0.25%), and Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP125.00, -0.79%).
- 8990 Holdings Inc. (PSE: HOUSE): PhP7.79, 14.56%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP13.40, 11.48%
- Greenergy Holdings Inc. (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.013, 8.33%
- Millennium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.40, 8.11%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corp. (PSE: CPM): PhP0.65, 6.56%
- Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP2.00, 5.26%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.02, 5.26%
- Globe Telecom Inc. (PSE: GLO): PhP1,810.00, 4.93%
- Manila Mining Corp. “B” (PSE: MAB): PhP0.023, 4.55%
- Calata Corp. (PSE: CAL): PhP3.70, 4.52%
- Apex Mining Company Inc. “A” (PSE: APX): PhP1.90, -34.71%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP12.00, -7.69%
- ISM Communications Corp. (PSE: ISM): PhP1.84, -7.07%
- South China Resources Inc. (PSE: SOC): PhP1.00, -6.54%
- SPC Power Corp. (PSE: SPC): PhP4.50, -6.25%
- SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH): PhP18.50, -5.52%
- Solid Group Inc. (PSE: SGI): PhP1.50, -5.06%
- Global-Estate Resorts Inc. (PSE: GERI): PhP1.35, -4.93%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.02, -4.76%
- Forum Pacific Inc. (PSE: FPI): PhP0.20, -4.76%