Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks declined for the third straight session Monday, 29 July, amid thin trading. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index slid by 0.68% or 45.96 points to close today’s trading at 6,717.66.
While most of the sectors posted weak performances, the Mining and Oil index surged by 3.7%. The Services sector also posted gains, finishing with an increase of 0.76%. The losers were led by the Financials, which dropped by 1.86%, followed by the Property index, which slid by 1.24%. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, shed 0.7%.
Value turnover only reached PhP5.7 billion on 3.4 billion traded shares. According to PSE, foreign buying was PhP3.13 billion while foreign selling was PhP2.62 billion. There were 59 gainers against 101 decliners, while 34 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks in terms of volume are SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP952.00, -0.63%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP82.05, -1.14%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP107.10, -2.01%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (TEL, PhP3,056.00, 1.53%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP27.00, NC), Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “A” (LC, PhP0.69, +25.45%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP30.55, -1.45%), Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI, PhP5.63, +0.54%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP18.46, -1.49%), and LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP20.75, -4.16%).
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “A” (PSE: LC): PhP0.69, +25.45%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “B” (PSE: LCB): PhP0.71, +20.34%
- Philippine Estates Corporation (PSE: PHES): PhP0.49, +13.95%
- Manila Mining Corporation “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.033, +10%
- Manila Mining Corporation “B” (PSE: MAB): PhP0.035, +9.38%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.435, +7.41%
- Philippine Realty & Holdings Corporation (PSE: RLT): PhP0.50, +6.38%
- Touch Solutions Inc (PSE: TSI): PhP11.68, +5.8%
- BDO Leasing & Finance, Inc. (PSE: BLFI): PhP2.01, +5.79%
- Premiere Horizon Alliance Corporation (PSE: PHA): PhP0.305, +5.17%
- Nextstage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP2.19, -17.05%
- Island Information and Technology, Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.044, -12%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.03, -6.36%
- Alphaland Corp. (PSE: ALPHA): PhP42.15, -6.33%
- TKC Steel Corp. (PSE: T): PhP1.91, -5.45%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP23.40, -5.26%
- GMA Holdings Inc. (PDR) (PSE: GMAP): PhP8.40, -4.55%
- LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG): PhP20.75, -4.16%
- Philex Petroleum Corp. (PSE: PXP): PhP12.04, -4.14%
- Lodestar Investment Holdings Corp. (PSE: LIHC): PhP0.71, -4.05%