Manila–(PHStocks)–PH stocks continue their rally today as the Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEi) surge to record 4,822.08, up 2.26 percent – edging closer and closer to the 5,000-point mark.
All counters are on the up, led by the Holding Firms sector, which posted a 3.7% gain to close the day at 3,918.34 points. The Property Index came in second, with a 2.56% gain, while the Services sector extended its recovery yesterday with a 2.1% increase today.
About 8.3 billion shares were traded today, worth PhP18.156 billion. Gainers led losers 109 to 57, while 41 stocks remain flat.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
1. MJC Investments Corporation (PSE: MJIC): PhP3.15, +50%
2. Imperial Resources, Inc.”B” (PSE: IMPB): PhP61.00, +48.78%
3. Imperial Resources, Inc.”A” (PSE: IMP): PhP9.94, +23.48%
4. Mariwasa Siam Holdings, Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP5.41, +20.22%
5. Highlands Prime, Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP1.60, +19.40%
6. Marcventures Holdings, Inc. (PSE: MARC): PhP2.65, +16.23%
7. Vitarich Corporation (PSE: VITA): PhP0.54, +11.34%
8. Omico Corporation (PSE: OM): PhP0.90, +9.76%
9. Manila Jockey Club, Inc. (PSE: MJC): PhP1.55, +9.15%
10. SM Investments Corporation (PSE: SM): PhP677.00, +8.23%