Manila—(PHStocks)—After yesterday’s selloff that saw the bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index dive to 6,966.21, local stocks recovered today, 18 December, buoyed by the positive performace in US stocks after the Federal Reserve announced that it will keep rates near zero for a “considerable time”.
PSEi gained 0.91% or 63 points to close the session at 7,029.28. Except for the battered Mining and Oil index, which lost 0.78%, all counters were back in the green. The Holding Firms index gained 0.87% while the Financials edged higher by 0.75%.
Volume trading reached 2.12 billion, valued at PhP10.91 billion. There were 68 gainers against 121 losers, while 37 stocks were flat.
Top most active:
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PSE: TEL): PhP2,802.00, 1.16
- Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI): PhP32.95, -0.15
- Universal Robina Corp. (PSE: URC): PhP190.00, 2.15
- BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO): PhP107.00, 0.94
- Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI): PhP21.95, -0.23
- Manila Mining Corp. “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.015, 7.14%
- Arthaland Corp. (PSE: ALCO): PhP0.26, 6.12%
- San Miguel Corp. (PSE: SMC): PhP77.50, 6.09%
- Max’s Group Inc. (PSE: MAXS): PhP19.40, 5.55%
- Alliance Select Foods International Inc. (PSE: FOOD): PhP1.15, 5.5%