Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks ended their seven-day rally amid profit taking across the board, where a total of 2.15 billion shares changed hands, valued at PhP23.2 billion.
Despite closing the trading day at 6,018.57pts, down by 1.19% from yesterday, the mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) still managed to maintain its foothold well above the 6,000-point mark.
All counters ended the trading day in the red, but with minimal declines. The Financials sector, for instance, dropped 1.77% – the biggest loser for the day – followed by the Holding Firms segment, which lost 1.28% of its gains during the past trading days. The Mining and Oil index, meanwhile, slipped by 1.11%. The wider all-shares index was also on the red, going down by 0.96%.
There were 52 advancers today against 120 losers, while 40 stocks remained flat.
Below are the biggest gainers for today:
- Imperial Resources, Inc. “B” (PSE: IMPB): PhP49.50, +50%
- Lorenzo Shipping Corporation (PSE: LSC): PhP1.64, +26.15%
- Federal Resources Investment Group, Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP12.88, +10.09%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP10.94, +6.42%
- Anglo Philippine Holdings Corporation (PSE: APO): PhP2.28, +5.56%
- Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “A” (PSE: MIH): PhP15.08, +5.45%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.021, +5%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.021, +5%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.132, +4.76%
- Vivant Corporation (PSE: VVT): PhP9, +4.65%
Below are the top losers:
- Chemical Industries of the Philippines (PSE: CIP): PhP73, -41.13%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.25, -13.79%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.19, -9.85%
- iPeople Inc. (PSE: IPO): PhP8.70, -8.42%
- Benguet Corporation “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP18.50, -7.22%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP4.05, -6.90%
- Arthaland Corporation (PSE: ALCO): PhP0.20, -5.66%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.05, -5.66%
- Cityland Development Corporation (PSE: CDC): PhP1.14, -5%
- Rockwell Land Corporation (PSE: ROCK): PhP2.78, -4.79%