Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks managed to pull a late-week recovery to close the month of November on a positive note. The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) closed at 6208.82 on Friday, 29 November, up by 0.63% from Thursday (28/11) and up by 2.04% from last week amid the country’s strong economic performance during the third quarter.
All counters were back in the green, led by the Property index, which gained 3.39%, followed by the Mining and Oil sector, which improved by 3.18%. The wider All-Shares index likewise grew, posting a 1.6% increase.
Foreign buying reached PhP39.64 billion, while foreign selling totaled PhP37 billion for a net buying of PhP2.586 billion, compared to the previous week’s net foreign selling of PhP2.27 billion.
Top gainers for the week:
- Chemical Industries of the Philippines (PSE: CIP): PhP258.00, 35.79%
- Imperial Resources Inc. “A” (PSE: IMP): PhP5.40, 18.16%
- Philex Petroleum Corp. (PSE: PXP): PhP8.98, 17.39%
- Energy Development Corp. (PSE: EDC): PhP5.17, 14.89%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.220, 14.58%
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.145, 14.17%
- Araneta Properties Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP1.50, 13.64%
- Citystate Savings Bank Inc. (PSE: CSB): PhP13.50, 12.69%
- Anglo Philippine Holdings Corp. (PSE: APO): PhP1.98, 12.5%
- Megawide Construction Corp. (PSE: MWIDE): PhP11.50, 11.43%
- Omico Corp. (PSE: OM): PhP0.330, -19.51%
- NextStage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP2.20, -18.52%
- Concrete Aggregates Corp. “A” (PSE: CA): PhP42.00, -15.66%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP9.02, -11.91%
- Chemrez Technologies Inc. (PSE: COAT): PhP2.70, -11.76%
- Nihao Mineral Resources International Inc. (PSE: NI): PhP1.95, -11.76%
- Seafront Resources Corp. (PSE: SPM): PhP1.50, -10.18%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP5.60, -9.68%
- Discovery World Corp. (PSE: DWC): PhP2.72, -9.33%
- JG Summit Holdings Inc. (PSE: JGS): PhP39.85, -9.12%