Manila—(PHStocks)—Positive market performance in the US have lifted Philippine stocks Wednesday, 29 May, as local stocks stage a strong rebound. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index went up by 1.62% or 115.35 points 7,228.57, as investors continue to scoop up bargains after a three-day decline.
All shares are back in the green, again led by the Mining and Oil sector, which gained 4.86%. The Industrials segment went up by 2.1%, while the Financials increased by 1.54%. The wider All Shares index went up by 1.24%.
Trading was again slightly heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP9.638 billion on 1.956 billion shares traded. There were 114 gainers against 49 losers, while 40 stocks were flat.
The top most active stocks were Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH), and Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC, PSE: MPI).
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “B” (PSE: LCB): PhP0.82, +20.59%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “A” (PSE: LC): PhP+0.78, +20.00%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.445, +11.25%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.57, +9.62%
- Jollibee Foods Corporation (PSE: JFC): 151.00, +9.42%
- First Abacus Financial Holdings Corp. (PSE: FAF): PhP0.87, +8.75%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP7.90, +7.78%
- Keppel Philippine Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: KPHB): PhP5.60, +7.69%
- Manila Mining Corporation “B” (PSE: MAB): PhP0.046, +6.98%
- Manila Mining Corporation “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.046, +6.98%
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP6.92, -12.96%
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.59, -10.38%
- Philex Petroleum Corporation (PSE: PXP): PhP19.00, -4.14%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.051, -3.77%
- Philippine Estates Corporation (PSE: PHES): PhP0.53, -3.64%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP11.58, -3.50%
- TKC Steel Corporation (PSE: T): PhP2.75, -3.17%
- Shang Properties Inc. (PSE: SHNG): PhP3.75, -3.10%
- Benguet Corporation “A” (PSE: BC): PhP13.80, -3.09%
- Swift Foods Inc. (PSE: SFI): PhP0.136, -2.86%