Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks recovered their losses Friday, 5 July, amid positive news from the European Central Bank regarding keeping key rates at current low levels. The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index climbs to 6500, gaining 0.56% or 36.22 points to close 2H2013’s first week of trading on a positive note.
While trading was slow today—value turnover was PhP5.18 billion and volume of shares traded reached only 1.8 billion—losses were minimal. The Mining and Oil sector slid just by 0.56%, while the Services sector dropped by 0.21% and the Financials, 0.16%.
The Holding Firms segment, on the other hand, led the gaining sectors, inching up by 1.28%, while the Industrial sector went up by 1.05%.
There were 86 gainers today compared to 64 losers, while 46 stocks were flat. The top most active stocks were Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI, -0.11%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, -1.18%), SM Investments Corporation SM, +1.02%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, +1.02%), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPI, +0.58%), Energy Development Corporation (EDC, 7.83%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, -0.5%), Ayala Corp. (AC, +1.27%), First Gen Corporation (FGEN, 1.54%) and Universal Robina Corporation (URC, -0.76%).
- Oriental Peninsula Resources Group Inc. (PSE: ORE): PhP1.80, +26.76%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.435, +17.57%
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.081, +17.39%
- Dizon Copper Silver Mines Inc. (PSE: DIZ): PhP6.30, +12.7%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP3.55, +12.7%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.86, +12.05%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.019, +11.76%
- Nihao Mineral Resources International Inc. (PSE: NI): PhP3.34, +10.23%
- Cityland Development Corporation (PSE: CDC): PhP1.15, +9.52%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.345, +9.52%
- Makati Finance Corporation (PSE: MFIN): PhP3.20, -28.89%
- Manila Mining Corporation “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.031, -8.82%
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP13.60, -8.72%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “A” (PSE: LC): PhP0.54, -8.47%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP3.35, -8.22%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.046, -8%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “B” (PSE: LCB): PhP0.57, -6.56%
- Prime Orion Philippines Inc. (PSE: POPI): PhP0.58, -6.45%
- A Brown Company Inc. (PSE: BRN): PhP1.98, -6.16%
- PetroEnergy Resources Corporation (PSE: PERC): PhP6.12, -5.7%