Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks rallied to a new record high amid expectations of strong economic growth ahead of the announcement on Thursday. The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) closed Wednesday’s trading day at 6,271.23 – up 0.59% from yesterday, whereupon it breached the 6,200 level.
In fact, intraday trading set new record highs as well today as PH stocks reached 6,300 points. In the screenshot below, the PSEi hit 6,301.09 by 1:54pm.
It next went to 6,312pts, before sliding to 6,307.09 by 230pm; and then finally dropping to 6,271.23 at the close of the trading day.
All counters except the Mining and Oil index – which slid by 0.39% – surged today, led by the Property sector, which extended its rally yesterday by gaining 1.75% today. The Services index, meanwhile, followed with a 1.02% gain. The wider All-Shares index, on the other hand, posted a 0.52% gain to 3,949.53.
A total of 2.34 billion shares, valued at around PhP9.58 billion, changed hands today. There were 98 gainers and 72 losers, while 46 shares remained flat. Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM) is the biggest gainer today, holding its position at the top of the board since the market opened. It closed today’s trading at +49.62%.
Below are the top 10 gainers for today:
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.96, +49.62%
- Primex Corporation (PSE: PRMX): PhP3.39, +22.38%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.50, +13.64%
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP7, +12.54%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP2, +11.11%
- Araneta Properties Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP1.11, +9.9%
- APC Group Inc. (PSE: APC): PhP0.91, +9.64%
- First Abacus Financial Holdings Corp. (PSE: FAF): PhP0.82, +7.89%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.63, +6.78%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS2 (PSE: MEGW2): PhP2.20, +6.28%
Below are the top decliners:
- Lorenzo Shipping Corporation (PSE: LSC): PhP1.30, -18.75%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP0.90, -10%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP9, -8.91%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP6.50, -7.14%
- Seafront Resources Corporation (PSE: SPM): PhP2.06, -6.36%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.017, -5.56%
- Nihao Mineral Resources International Inc. (PSE: NI): PhP3.90, -4.41%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP0.93, -4.12%
- Marcventures Holdings Inc. (PSE: MARC): PhP1.92, -4%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP5.22, -3.33%