Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks rallied to hit a new record high as investors took up positions amid expectations of strong first quarter corporate results. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index surged by 1.45% or 99.62 points to close at 6,957.1, a new record finish for the local bourse and a new record intraday high, as local investors anticipate the country’s second investment grade rating.
The biggest gaining sector is the Property, which increased by 2.21%. The Services sector gained 1.92% while the Holding Firms segment added 1.21%. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, grew up by a percent to 4,348.67.
Trading was heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP12.13 billion on 2.46 billion traded shares. There were 108 gainers against 44 decliners, while 55 stocks remained flat.
The top five most active stocks are LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO), Bank of the Philippine Islands (PSE: BPI), and Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL).
The biggest gainers for the day are:
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation (PSE: MVC): PhP2.15, +15.59%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.55, +12.24%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.55, +11.51%
- Vulcan Industrial & Mining (PSE: VUL): PhP2.22, +8.82%
- Information Capital Technology Ventures Inc. (PSE: ICTV): PhP0.435, +8.75%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.52, +8.57%
- Vantage Equities Inc. (PSE: V): PhP2.92, +8.15%
- Republic Glass Holdings Corporation (PSE: REG): PhP2.59, +7.02%
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP): PhP15.34, +6.82%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.40, +6.67%
Below are today’s biggest decliners:
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.90, -9.52%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP3.70, -7.50%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP2.03, -5.14%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.02, -4.76%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP20.00, -4.53%
- MacroAsia Corporation (PSE: MAC): PhP2.60, -3.35%
- Manila Mining Corporation “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.058, -3.33%
- Bloomberry Resorts Corp. (PSE: BLOOM): PhP12.98, -3.13%
- LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG): PhP23.45, -3.10%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP6.25, -2.34%