Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks retreated Tuesday, Feb 26, as widespread profit-taking gripped the market. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) declined by 1.35% to close today’s trading at 6,630.67, wiping the gains it achieved yesterday as it broke past the 6,700 level.
All counters were all in red, led by the Property sector which dropped 2.41%. The Financials segment declined by 1.16% while both the Holding Firms and Services sectors shed 1.06%.
The sell-off was heavy, with value turnover at PhP10.5 billion, on 2.034 billion shares traded. There were 55 gainers against 111 losers, while 43 stocks remained flat.
- Araneta Properties Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP1.87, +8.09%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.053, +6.00%
- Philippine Trust Company (PSE: PTC): PhP72, +5.88%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP2.39, +5.75%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.019, +5.56%
- A Brown Company Inc. (PSE: BRN): PhP2.89, +5.09%
- Trans-Asia Oil and Energy Development Corp. (PSE: TA): PhP2.11, +4.98%
- Prime Orion Philippines Inc. (PSE: POPI): PhP0.70, +4.48%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corporation (PSE: CPM): PhP0.99, +4.21%
- iPeople Inc. (PSE: IPO): PhP10.4, +4%
Below are today’s top losers:
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP15, -11.66%
- Shang Properties Inc. (PSE: SHNG): PhP3.35, -6.94%
- Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “A” (PSE: MIH): PhP15.84, -5.60%
- Manulife Financial Corporation (PSE: MFC): PhP510, -5.56%
- Alsons Consolidated Resources Inc. (PSE: ACR): PhP1.37, -4.86%
- Philippine Estates Corporation (PSE: PHES): PhP0.60, -4.76%
- Century Properties Group Inc. (PSE: CPG): PhP2.29, -4.58%
- Swift Foods Inc. – Convertible Preferred (PSE: SFIP): PhP1.3, -4.41%
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP5.74, -4.33%
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.3, -4.17%