Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks retreated Monday, 11 March, as investors took advantage of yields. Nevertheless, the mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index kept maintained its foothold at the 6,800-level amid positive news on the jobs data in the United States. The PSEi closed today’s trading at 6,813.95, down by just 0.29% or 19.82pts.
The Industrials sector was the biggest loser today, shedding 1.08%. The wider All Shares index shed just 0.47% or 20.1pts.
On the positive side, the Mining and Oil index went up by 1.56% while the Property sector added 0.52%.
Value turnover reached about PhP11 billion today, while the volume of shares traded was at 1.14 billion. There were 78 gainers against 76 losers, while 53 stocks were flat.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation (PSE: MVC): PhP2.10, +23.53%
- Nickel Asia Corporation (PSE: NIKL): PhP23.80, +8.92%
- Rockwell Land Corporation (PSE: ROCK): PhP3.48, +8.75%
- Atlas Consolidated Mining and Development Corporation (PSE: AT): PhP22.7, +5.58%
- Agrinurture Inc. (PSE: ANI): PhP7.37 5.44%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.021, +5%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP13, +4.84%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.73, +4.29%
- Pacific Online Systems Corporation (PSE: LOTO): PhP14.78, +4.08%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.051, +4.08%
Below are the biggest price losers today:
- Alphaland Corporation (PSE: ALPHA): PhP21, -28.21%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.75, -7.89%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP3, -7.69%
- Aboitiz Power Corporation (PSE: AP): PhP37, -7.27%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP5.81, -6.29%
- San Miguel Corporation (PSE: SMC): PhP115, -5.74%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP5, -5.66%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.052, -5.45%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP5.72, -4.67%
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP15.20, -4.4%