Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continue their slide amid gloomy sentiment in global markets. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index went down by 1.73% or 115.58 points to close today’s trading at 6,557.89 – posting its third day of continued declines.
All counters are still in red, led by the Property segment this time, which lost 3.14%. The Holding Firms shed 2.79% while the third biggest losing sector is the Mining and Oil index, which slid further by 1.98%.
Trading was slightly heavy, with turnover reaching PhP10.36 billion on 1.7 billion traded shares. There were 43 gainers against 114 losers, while 41 stocks remained flat.
The most active stocks today were SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC), Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC), Manila Electric Company (PSE: MER), and BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO).
Top gainers were:
- Roxas and Company Inc. (PSE: RCI): PhP3.00, +25.00%
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP): PhP10.04, +10.21%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP3.18, +6.71%
- First Gen Corporation (PSE: FGEN): PhP20.50, +6.55%
- Alphaland Corporation (PSE: ALPHA): PhP16.48, +5.64%
- COL Financial Group Inc. (PSE: COL): PhP20.00, +4.71%
- A Brown Company Inc. (PSE: BRN): PhP2.30, +4.55%
- Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corporation (PSE: CHIPS): PhP16.68, +4.25%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.53, +3.92%
- Sinophil Corporation (PSE: SINO): PhP0.33, +3.13%
The top losers were:
- Interport Resources Warrants “A” (PSE: IRW): PhP0.05, -50.00%
- Philex Petroleum Corporation (PSE: PXP): PhP12.20, -19.63%
- Manila Jockey Club Inc. (PSE: MJC): PhP2.00, -9.09%
- Keppel Philippine Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: KPH): PhP5.20, -7.96%
- Cebu Air Inc. (PSE: CEB): PhP72.65, -7.51%
- LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG): PhP22.25, -7.29%
- Security Bank Corporation (PSE: SECB): PhP160.00, -7.03%
- Robinsons Land Corporation (PSE: RLC): PhP20.50, -6.82%
- GMA Holdings Inc. (PDR) (PSE: GMAP): PhP9.33, -6.70%
- Phinma Corporation (PSE: PHN): PhP12.68, -6.63%