Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continued their uptrend Monday, 10 June, amid renewed optimism in the equities market after widespread profit taking drove down the markets last week. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index went up by 2.59% or 173.65 points to close today’s trading at 6,875.6.
Leading the charge today was the Services index, which surged by 4.36%. The Property sector followed, gaining 3.02%, while the Holding Firms segment increased by 2.66%.
Trading was heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP14.22 billion on 1.14 billion shares traded. There were 123 gainers against 52 losers, while 29 stocks were flat.
The top most active stocks today in terms of volume are Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), GT Capital Holdings Inc. (PSE: GTCAP), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO), Megaworld Corporation (PSE: MEG), Cosco Capital Inc. (PSE: COSCO).
Top gainers for the day:
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP0.80, +33.33%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.041, +17.14%
- LMG Chemicals Corporation (PSE: LMG): PhP2.26, +9.71%
- Global-Estate Resorts Inc. (PSE: GERI): PhP2.09, +9.42%
- Vulcan Industrial & Mining (PSE: VUL): PhP1.70, +8.97%
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.43, +8.48%
- F & J Prince Holdings Corporation (PSE: FJP): PhP3.47, +8.44%
- Vista Land & Lifescapes Inc. (PSE: VLL): PhP6.30, +7.69%
- I-Remit Inc. (PSE: I): PhP2.94, +7.69%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.38, +7.04%
- Primex Corporation (PSE: PRMX): PhP2.70, -30.77%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.22, -12.23%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP1.43, -11.18%
- Vivant Corporation (PSE: VVT): PhP9.70, -10.19%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.92, -9.9%
- Del Monte Pacific Limited (PSE: DMPL): PhP27.20, -8.72%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.00, -8.68%
- Bogo Medellin Milling Company Inc. (PSE: BMM): PhP54.00, -6.9%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.58, -6.45%
- Agrinurture Inc. (PSE: ANI): PhP6.10, -5.86%