Manila—(PHStocks)—PH stocks rallied for the fourth session Monday, 1 July – the first trading day of the second half of the year – in line with market optimism in Asia. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index rose by 0.95% or 61.34%, withstanding an early profit taking seen in the market, to close the day’s trading at 6,526.62.
All counters remain in the green, led by the Holding Firms sector, which increased by 1.86%. The Property index went up by 1.64%, while the Mining and Oil segment edged higher by 1.43%.
Value turnover reached PhP6.6 billion on 1.07 billion shares traded. According to PSE data, foreign buying was PhP4.67 billion while foreign selling reached PhP3.39 billion.
Today’s top most active stocks were SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Megaworld Corporation (PSE: MEG), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC, PSE: MPI), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC) and BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO).
- Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP6.75, +27.36%
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP): PhP9.90, +19.28%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.053, +17.78%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP3.65, +17.36%
- Seafront Resources Corporation (PSE: SPM): PhP1.85, +15.63%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.60, +11.11%
- Acesite (Philippines) Hotel Corporation (PSE: ACE): PhP1.24, +10.71%
- Manila Mining Corporation “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.032, +10.34%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “A” (PSE: LC): PhP0.485, +10.23%
- Manila Mining Corporation “B” (PSE: MAB): PhP0.033, +10%
- Benguet Corporation “A” (PSE: BC): PhP9.00, -10%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.10, -7.58%
- Semirara Mining Corp. (PSE: SCC): PhP260.00, -6.07%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP14.18, -5.47%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.04, -5.45%
- Anglo Philippine Holdings Corporation (PSE: APO): PhP1.90, -5%
- DMCI Holdings Inc. (PSE: DMC): PhP49.50, -4.07%
- Vitarich Corporation (PSE: VITA): PhP0.73, -3.95%
- National Reinsurance Corporation of the Philippines (PSE: NRCP): PhP1.73, -3.89%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.51, -3.77%