Manila—(PHStocks)—Local shares continue their growth despite continuing crises in the eurozone, wherein a day ago, Cyprus called a funding SOS to Brussels – the fifth country-member to have done so.
The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index achieved a new milestone today by reaching 5,257.92 points, up by 1.23%, at the close of the trading day today. The wider all-share index, meanwhile, was up by 1.10%.
All counters are on the green as well, led by the Services index, which grew by 1.86%. The Holding Firms counter registered a 1.49% gain, while the Mining and Oil index recovered and gained 1%.
Trading volume reached 3.95 billion, valued at PhP7.97 billion. There were 110 gainers today against 49 losers, while 41 stocks remained unchanged.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
1. SPC Power Corp. (PSE: SPC): PhP7.10, +29.09%
2. Central Azucarera De Tarlac (PSE: CAT): PhP17.00, +24.82%
3. Leisure & Resorts World Corp. (PSE: LR): PhP7.97, +20.94%
4. Bogo Medellin Milling Co. (PSE: BMM): PhP61.00, +16.63%
5. Forum Pacific Inc. (PSE: FPI): PhP0.225, +12.50%
6. Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP10.60, 10.42%
7. Philex Petroleum Corp. (PSE: PXP): PhP47.00, +8.92%
8. The Philippine Stock Exchange Inc. (PSE: PSE): PhP380.00, +8.26%
9. Belle Corp. (PSE: BEL): PhP5.20, +8.11%
10. Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP10.58, +7.96%
11. A Brown Company Inc. (PSE: BRN): PhP3.00, +7.91%
12. Greenergy Holdings Inc. (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.014, +7.69%
13. Lodestar Investment Holdings Corp. (PSE: LIHC): PhP1.17, +7.34%
14. Philippine Seven Corp. “Common” (PSE: SEVN): PhP47.00, +6.82%
15. Alcorn Gold Resources Corporation (PSE: APM): PhP0.017, +6.25%
16. Sinophil Corp. (PSE: SINO): PhP0.34, +6.25%
17. APC Group Inc. (PSE: APC): PhP0.70, +6.06%
18. Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.018, +5.88%
19. Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.019, +5.56%
20. Vulcan Industrial & Mining (PSE: VUL): PhP0.98, +5.38%