Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks maintained their strong growth as more investors continued to enter the country’s equities market amid optimism in the Philippines’ economic outlook for the year.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) closed the day at 0.42% or 27.85 points higher to mark a new record high for the local bourse at 6,648.57. The wider All-Shares index, meanwhile, gained 0.1% to close at 4,415.45.
Still, the Mining and Oil segment continued its decline, losing 1.63%, probably because of the aftereffects of the accident last week at Semirara Mining Corp.’s (PSE: SCC) coal site. The Industrials index likewise retreated, shedding 0.35%.
The rest of the sectors, on the other hand, edged higher, led by the Holding Firms segment, which added 0.69%, and the Services sector, which increased by 0.63%.
Trading continued to be heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP9.94 billion from nearly 2.65 billion shares traded. There were 72 gainers compared to 102 decliners, while 51 stocks remained flat.
The top gainers today are below:
- Central Azucarera De Tarlac (PSE: CAT): PhP15.50, +29.17%
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.80, +27.85%
- Philippine Tobacco Flue-Curing & Redrying Corp. (PSE: TFC): PhP25, +25.00%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.60, +11.11%
- Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “B” (PSE: MIHB): PhP16, +8.11%
- Centro Escolar University (PSE: CEU): PhP11.88, +8%
- Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “A” (PSE: MIH): PhP15.96, +7.84%
- Manila Bulletin Publishing Corporation (PSE: MB): PhP0.90, +5.88%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.95, +5.41%
- Panasonic Manufacturing Philippines Corporation (PSE: PMPC): PhP5, +5.26%
Below, meanwhile, are the top losers:
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP6.12, -12.94%
- Dizon Copper Silver Mines Inc. (PSE: DIZ): PhP12.16, -8.30%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP0.92, -8%
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation (PSE: MVC): PhP1.71, -7.57%
- Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corporation (PSE: CHIPS): PhP21.50, -7.33%
- MacroAsia Corporation (PSE: MAC): PhP2.51, -7.04%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP0.95, -6.86%
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP0.60, -6.25%
- EasyCall Communications Philippines Inc. (PSE: ECP): PhP3, -6.25%
- Transpacific Broadband Group International Inc. (PSE: TBGI): PhP2.18, -6.03%