Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks rallied for the third session amid market optimism in Asia as well as sustained investor confidence in the United States after the Fed’s announcement of continued stimulus program.
The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index added 2.17% or 137.28 points to close at 6,465.28 today, 28 June – ending the last trading day of the first half of the year on a positive note.
All counters remained in the green, led by the Mining & Oil index, which gained 3.39%. The Holding Firms sector posted a 2.29% gain, while the Services segment went up by 1.88%.
Value turnover reached PhP15.3 billion on 7.53 billion shares traded. There were 96 gainers today against 71 decliners, while 47 stocks were flat.
Most active stocks today include SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC), Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC, PSE: MPI).
- Omico Corporation (PSE: OM): PhP0.48, +20%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP1.20, +14.29%
- Semirara Mining Corp. (PSE: SCC): PhP276.80, +13.82%
- Apex Mining Company Inc. “A” (PSE: APX): PhP3.12, +11.43%
- LMG Chemicals Corporation (PSE: LMG): PhP2.48, +10.71%
- Berjaya Philippines Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP22.00, +10%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.012, +9.09%
- Apex Mining Company Inc. “B” (PSE: APXB): PhP3.25, +8.33%
- Globe Telecom Inc. (PSE: GLO): PhP1,610.00, +8.05%
- A. Soriano Corporation (PSE: ANS): PhP6.95, +6.92%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP10.06, -27.83%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.161, -18.69%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP3.11, -15.95%
- Primex Corporation (PSE: PRMX): PhP2.90, -14.45%
- Manila Jockey Club Inc. (PSE: MJC): PhP1.97, -13.22%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.06, -11.67%
- First Philippine Holdings Corporation (PSE: FPH): PhP73.15, -10.36%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.47, -9.62%
- Manila Mining Corporation “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.029, -9.38%
- Southeast Asia Cement Holdings Inc. (PSE: CMT): PhP1.09, -9.17%