Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks closed the last trading day of 2013 on a slightly higher note amid optimistic outlook for 2014.
The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) gained a further 0.2% to reach 5,889.83 at the close of the trading day—and trading year, for that matter—today, 27 December. Compared to last year’s closing of 5,812.73, the index was up by a modest 1.33%.
The wider All-Shares index, meanwhile, went up by 0.33% to 3,614.32. However, this is 2.34% lower from last year’s close of 3,698.98.
On sectoral basis, the Holding Firms segment recovered by 0.28%, while the Financials and Mining and Oil sectors dropped by 0.11% and 0.19%, respectively. The Services index’s 0.75% uptick led today’s gaining sectors.
Trading was slightly moderate, with value turnover reaching PhP6.387 billion on 2.14 billion shares traded. There were 91 gainers against 70 losers, while 48 stocks remained flat.
Top most active:
- Universal Robina Corp. (PSE: URC): PhP113.10, -3.33%
- Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI): PhP24.75, 0.41%
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PSE: TEL): PhP2,666.00, 0.15%
- Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (PSE: MBT): PhP75.55, 0.53%
- BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO): PhP68.60, -1.29%
- SM Investments Corp. (PSE: SM): PhP711.00, -0.28%
- International Container Terminal Services Inc. (PSE: ICT): PhP102.00, 2.05%
- Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI): PhP25.80, -0.19%
- Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (PSE: MPI): PhP4.32, 1.41%
- SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH): PhP14.68, NC
- Synergy Grid & Development Phils. Inc. (PSE: SGP): PhP390.00, 25.89%
- Berjaya Philippines Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP28.50, 23.91%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.27, 15.45%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.365, 14.06%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.033, 13.79%
- Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP1.97, 12.57%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.26, 12.50%
- Benguet Corp. “A” (PSE: BC): PhP6.90, 11.29%
- Abra Mining & Industrial Corp. (PSE: AR): PhP0.0032, 10.34%
- F & J Prince Holdings Corp. (PSE: FJP): PhP3.20, 10.34%
- Leisure and Resorts World Corp. Warrants (PSE: LRW): PhP0.50, -21.88%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.029, -17.14%
- Leisure and Resorts World Corp. Preferred Shares (PSE: LRP): PhP1.02, -10.53%
- Cityland Development Corp. (PSE: CDC): PhP1.04, -8.77%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.071, -7.79%
- Asian Terminals Inc. (PSE: ATI): PhP11.00, -7.56%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corp. (PSE: CPM): PhP0.50, -7.41%
- Basic Energy Corp. (PSE: BSC): PhP0.232, -5.31%
- Centro Escolar University (PSE: CEU): PhP10.82, -5.09%
- A Brown Co. Inc. (PSE: BRN): PhP1.00, -4.76%