Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks finished the week on weak note as investors stay out of the market amid mixed signals in global markets.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) slipped by 0.67% or 43.96 points to 6,539.81 on Friday, 25 October.
The Property sector recovered its losses yesterday, gaining 2.07%. The rest of the counters were in the red, led by the Financials, which dropped by 1.32%; followed by the Holding Firms sector, which slid by 1.23%.
Trading was heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP10.05 billion on 1.9 billion traded shares. There were 48 gainers against 94 losers, while 36 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks by value were SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP19.58, 15.86%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,850.00, -0.35%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP600.00, -1.8%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP28.60, -4.35%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP16.10, -2.42%), Manila Electric Co. (MER, PhP311.00, 0.97%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP79.50, -1%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (MBT, PhP90.20, 1.29%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP126.00, -0.08%), and Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP27.05, 0.19%).
- SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH): PhP19.58, 15.86%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP2.03, 9.73%
- Manila Bulletin Publishing Corp. (PSE: MB): PhP0.74, 5.71%
- Solid Group Inc. (PSE: SGI): PhP1.58, 5.33%
- Dizon Copper Silver Mines Inc. (PSE: DIZ): PhP5.55, 4.91%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP3.59, 4.66%
- Cebu Holdings Inc. (PSE: CHI): PhP5.89, 4.62%
- EEI Corp. (PSE: EEI): PhP9.90, 3.45%
- Alsons Consolidated Resources Inc. (PSE: ACR): PhP1.37, 3.01%
- Manulife Financial Corp. (PSE: MFC): PhP679.50, 2.95%
- United Paragon Mining Corp. (PSE: UPM): PhP0.011, -8.33%
- Alphaland Corp. (PSE: ALPHA): PhP40.00, -7.94%
- Benguet Corp. “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP7.75, -7.74%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP12.02, -7.54%
- Millennium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.37, -7.5%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.87, -7.43%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.013, -7.14%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.088, -5.38%
- Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP1.90, -5%
- Robinsons Land Corp. (PSE: RLC): PhP22.00, -4.97%