Resorts World Manila Resumes Gaming Operations

Pasay—(PHStocks)—Resorts World Manila, the integrated resort operated by Travellers International Hotel Group Inc. (PSE: RWM), today resumes its gaming operations as the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) lifted the June 9, 2017 suspension order of the Company’s provisional license to operate casinos and other gaming facilities.

The decision came after RWM presented to PAGCOR its Casino Security Protective Action Plans. RWM passed the PAGCOR inspection that recognized how the enhancements and new emergency, safety and security protocols have been fortified since the June 2, 2017 incident, where a lone gunman attacked the resort at midnight, setting fires to casino tables and firing at security personnel.

“With PAGCOR’s assistance and guidance, we can now start the difficult task of rebuilding as it is also our responsibility to take care of our 6,000 staff and personnel,” said Kingson Sian, RWM president and CEO. “We are bringing back the gaming operations on the ground and third floors of our integrated resort. The second floor will no longer be used for casino operations and will be utilized for other non-gaming purposes instead.”

RWM engaged the services of an international security outfit, Blackpanda, earlier this month to tighten the external and internal security protocols. Sian said that RWM remains committed to putting in place the best security and safety measures available and will constantly review for upgrades as new technology and developments require.

Moving forward, RWM has also committed to further intensify its coordination and joint drill sessions with the PNP and BFP for various emergency situations.

Related Articles:

Leave a Reply