Manila—(PHstocks)—The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index rallied to 7,937.95 at the close of market on Tuesday, 12 July 2016, amid continued optimism over the prospects of a better government under President Rodrigo Duterte. The PSEi was up by 0.92%—sustaining its growth for a third session. The wider All-Shares index improved by 0.81%, closing at 4,795.85.
Most counters were up, led by the Property sector, which gained 2.37%. The Holding Firms segment edged higher by 1%, while the Financials went up by 0.6%. The Mining and Oil sector, on the other hand, remains in the red, shedding 0.38% today following its 0.1% decline yesterday and 1.7% drop last Friday, 8 July.
Around 1.3 billion shares valued at PhP10.05 billion traded hands. There were 111 gainers and 81 losers, while 61 stocks were flat.
1. Forum Pacific Inc. (PSE: FPI): PhP0.26, 17.12%
2. Chemical Industries of the Philippines (PSE: CIP): PhP169.90, 11.41%
3. United Paragon Mining Corp. (PSE: UPM): PhP0.011, 10.00%
4. Philippine H2O Ventures Corp. (PSE: H2O): PhP3.34, 9.87%
5. Discovery World Corp. (PSE: DWC): PhP2.06, 9.57%
6. Prime Media Holdings, Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.34, 8.06%
7. Imperial Resources, Inc. (PSE: IMP): PhP14.48, 7.42%
8. Petron Corp. (PSE: PCOR): PhP10.76, 6.53%
9. Primex Corp. (PSE: PRMX): PhP12.98, 6.39%
10. Makati Finance Corp. (PSE: MFIN): PhP3.70, 6.02%
1. Alterra Capital Partners Inc. (PSE: ALT): PhP4.56, -15.56%
2. Jolliville Holdings Corp. (PSE: JOH): PhP3.69, -13.58%
3. Benguet Corp. “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP6.65, -11.92%
4. Philweb Corp. (PSE: WEB): PhP14.98, -8.66%
5. Lorenzo Shipping Corp. (PSE: LSC): PhP1.05, -7.89%
6. TKC Metals Corp. (PSE: T): PhP2.12, -5.78%
7. Philippine Realty & Holdings Corp. (PSE: RLT): PhP0.44, -5.38%
8. I-Remit Inc. (PSE: I): PhP1.97, -5.29%
9. City & Land Developers Inc. (PSE: LAND): PhP1.09, -5.22%
10. Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP2.99, -3.86%