Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks recover Tuesday, 3 September, amid improving manufacturing data worldwide. The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) gained 0.36% or 22.11 points to 6,083.91, offsetting yesterday’s declines.
Most counters recovered, while the Industrials dropped by 0.11% and the Mining and Oil sector declined further by 0.35%. Leading the gainers is the Property index, which increased by 1.26%. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, went up by 0.27%.
Trading was moderate today. Value turnover reached PhP5.15 billion on 1.71 billion traded shares. According to PSE data, foreign buying was PhP2.9 billion while foreign selling reached PhP3.35 billion. There were 81 gainers against 57 losers, while 50 stocks were flat.
Today’s top most active stocks include SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP700.00, -0.71%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,850.00, -0.35%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP536.00, 0.37%), Megaworld Corp. (MEG, PhP3.16, 1.94%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.30, -1.50%), Globe Telecom Inc. (GLO, PhP1,515.00, 0.26%), Boulevard Holdings Inc. (BHI, PhP0.158, 17.04%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP26.00, 0.58%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP81.30, 0.06%), and BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP72.70, -0.41%).
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.158, 17.04%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.045, 12.5%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.19, 12.26%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.18, 11.11%
- Cyber Bay Corp. (PSE: CYBR): PhP0.57, 9.62%
- United Paragon Mining Corp. (PSE: UPM): PhP0.013, 8.33%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.07, 8.08%
- Sinophil Corp. (PSE: SINO): PhP0.30, 7.14%
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.076, 7.04%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.30, 6.97%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP5.56, -9.59%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP2.45, -9.26%
- Keppel Philippine Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: KPH): PhP4.50, -9.09%
- Millennium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.36, -7.69%
- MacroAsia Corp. (PSE: MAC): PhP2.00, -5.66%
- Philippine Estates Corp. (PSE: PHES): PhP0.42, -5.62%
- PhilWeb Corp. (PSE: WEB): PhP10.84, -5.57%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.035, -5.41%
- Philippine Business Bank (PSE: PBB): PhP23.10, -5.33%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.093, -4.12%