Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks slid on Tuesday, 24 September, as investors lock in their gains while others stayed in the sidelines amid looming U.S. budget talks.
All counters except for the Financials dropped, albeit minimally. The biggest loser, the Property sector just slid by 0.58% while the Industrials went down by 0.56%. The Financials, which went up by 0.23%, was lifted by Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCB, 1.84%) and Union Bank of the Philippines (UBP, 1.47%).
Trading was moderate. Value turnover reached PhP6.62 billion on 670 million shares traded. There were 56 gainers against 83 losers, while 43 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks in terms of value are Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP25.95, -1.14%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,996.00, -0.6%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP128.00, -3.03%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP18.14, -2.47%), Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI, PhP101.00, 1%), GT Capital Holdings Inc. (GTCAP, PhP825.00, 0.61%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP17.54, -0.45%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP815.00, NC), JG Summit Holdings Inc. (JGS, PhP38.00, NC), and Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP29.00, NC).
- Millennium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.415, 12.16%
- Agrinurture Inc. (PSE: ANI): PhP5.92, 9.83%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.015, 7.14%
- TKC Steel Corp. (PSE: T): PhP2.33, 5.91%
- San Miguel Corp. (PSE: SMC): PhP74.90, 5.57%
- Splash Corp. (PSE: SPH): PhP1.96, 4.81%
- Manila Bulletin Publishing Corp. (PSE: MB): PhP0.75, 4.17%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.45, 3.49%
- Vulcan Industrial & Mining (PSE: VUL): PhP1.50, 3.45%
- Megaworld Corp. WARRANTS1 (PSE: MEGW1): PhP2.43, 3.4%
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corp. (PSE: MVC): PhP2.50, -28.57%
- Vitarich Corp. (PSE: VITA): PhP0.81, -12.9%
- Solid Group Inc. (PSE: SGI): PhP1.62, -8.99%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.02, -5.56%
- Del Monte Pacific Limited (PSE: DMPL): PhP26.50, -5.36%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.018, -5.26%
- GMA Holdings Inc. (PDR) (PSE: GMAP): PhP8.00, -4.76%
- South China Resources Inc. (PSE: SOC): PhP1.05, -4.55%
- Benguet Corp. “A” (PSE: BC): PhP8.60, -4.44%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.25, -3.85%