Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks extended their declines Monday, 5 August, on thin trading ahead of the holidays. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index dropped by 0.37% or 24.22 points to close today’s trading at 6,509.73.
Except for the Mining and Oil segment (+0.44%), all counters remained in red. The Holding Firms segment continued to suffer the biggest selloff, leading the losers with a 0.83% decline. The remaining sectors, however, just suffer minimal losses. For instance, the Property segment just shed 0.08%. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, declined only by 0.38%.
Trading was thin, with value turnover reaching only PhP4.99 billion on 750 million shares traded. Foreign buying reached PhP3.49 billion while foreign selling was PhP3.13 billion. There were 58 gainers against 93 losers, while 39 stocks were flat.
Today’s top most active stocks include Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.50, +0.19%), SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP881.00, +0.23%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP107.00, +0.94%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP16.50, -0.72%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP29.30, +1.03%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP3,082.00, +0.26%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP596.00, -0.67%), Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC, PhP159.70, +2.44%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP21.50, +1.65%), Manila Water Company Inc. (MWC, PhP32.45, -0.76%).
- Transpacific Broadband Group International Inc. (PSE: TBGI): PhP2.37, +8.72%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.013, +8.33%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.39, +8.13%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.102, +6.25%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.018, +5.88%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.021, +5%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “A” (PSE: LC): PhP0.60, +3.45%
- Manila Mining Corporation “B” (PSE: MAB): PhP0.032, +3.23%
- Philippine Seven Corporation (PSE: SEVN): PhP139.00, +2.96%
- Abra Mining & Industrial Corporation (PSE: AR): PhP0.0035, +2.94%
- MacroAsia Corporation (PSE: MAC): PhP2.12, -15.2%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.03, -7.21%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP6.16, -6.67%
- Nihao Mineral Resources International Inc. (PSE: NI): PhP3.37, -6.65%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.015, -6.25%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP12.90, -5.7%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP3.74, -5.32%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.018, -5.26%
- Southeast Asia Cement Holdings Inc. (PSE: CMT): PhP1.03, -4.63%
- Oriental Peninsula Resources Group Inc. (PSE: ORE): PhP1.71, -3.93%