Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks recover Thursday, 29 August, as investors hunt for bargains after massive sell-offs early in the week. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) closed today’s trading at 5,944.21, up by 3.59% or 206.15 points.
All counters are back in the green, led by the Property segment, which gained 4.64%. The Holding Firms sector went up by 4.54%, while the Financials posted a 4.35% growth. The wider All Shares index increased by 3.23%.
Trading was heavy. Value turnover reached PhP9.7 billion on 1.3 billion shares traded. There were 117 gainers against 38 losers, while 34 stocks remained flat.
The most active stocks today include SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP661.00, 4.26%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP73.30, 7.48%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP24.65, 6.02%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,800.00, 0.36%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP80.20, 4.84%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP25.65, 5.12%), GT Capital Holdings Inc. (GTCAP, PhP780.00, 13.04%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP18.00, 12.5%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP532.00, 6.4%), and Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI, PhP5.00, 3.52%).
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corp. (PSE: MCP): PhP9.05, 14.99%
- GT Capital Holdings Inc. (PSE: GTCAP): PhP780.00, 13.04%
- Philippine Seven Corp. (PSE: SEVN): PhP105.00, 12.9%
- LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG): PhP18.00, 12.5%
- Wellex Industries Inc. (PSE: WIN): PhP0.24, 11.63%
- ABS-CBN Corporation (PSE: ABS): PhP34.00, 11.11%
- Cebu Holdings Inc. (PSE: CHI): PhP5.79, 10.29%
- Cyber Bay Corp. (PSE: CYBR): PhP0.58, 9.43%
- PhilWeb Corp. (PSE: WEB): PhP12.00, 9.09%
- Megawide Construction Corporation (PSE: MWIDE): PhP14.98, 8.55%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP2.50, -16.67%
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP1.66, -14.87%
- NextStage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP1.90, -13.64%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP9.00, -10%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.045, -8.16%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP0.99, -6.6%
- Information Capital Technology Ventures Inc. (PSE: ICTV): PhP0.385, -6.1%
- Citystate Savings Bank Inc. (PSE: CSB): PhP10.70, -5.31%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.38, -5%
- Lorenzo Shipping Corp. (PSE: LSC): PhP1.20, -4%