Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks slipped slightly on Thursday, 25 July, as investors cash in on their gains. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index declined by just 0.06% or 4.05 points to close today’s trading at 6,800.11.
Most counters marginally declined, except the Financials (+0.57%) and Industrial (+0.25%). The Property sector was the biggest loser, sliding by 0.46%. The Mining and Oil index, on the other hand, slipped by 0.45%.
Trading was slightly moderate, with value turnover reaching PhP7.58 billion on 1.27 billion shares traded. Foreign buying was PhP4.23 billion while foreign selling reached PhP4.29 billion. There were 85 gainers against 75 losers, while 40 stocks were flat.
Top most active stocks today include Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP3,068.00, -0.32%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP31.25, -0.48%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP111.00, NC), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP613.00, -4.22%), SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP956.50, -0.36%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP85.70, -0.29%), Manila Electric Company (MER, PhP291.80, +2.39%), Puregold Price Club Inc. (PSE: PGOLD, PhP40.65, -0.85%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP27.10, +0.37%), and Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP): PhP10.50, +3.96%).
- Philex Petroleum Corporation (PSE: PXP): PhP12.50, +10.04%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.495, +8.79%
- Southeast Asia Cement Holdings Inc. (PSE: CMT): PhP1.18, +8.26%
- Forum Pacific Inc. (PSE: FPI): PhP0.214, +7%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.016, +6.67%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.018, +5.88%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.82, +5.81%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP24.70, +5.56%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.02, +5.26%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.021, +5%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.15, -10.16%
- Abra Mining & Industrial Corporation (PSE: AR): PhP0.0035, -5.41%
- Premiere Horizon Alliance Corporation (PSE: PHA): PhP0.295, -4.84%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.162, -4.71%
- LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG): PhP21.90, -4.37%
- Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC): PhP613.00, -4.22%
- Manila Bulletin Publishing Corporation (PSE: MB): PhP0.73, -3.95%
- Alliance Select Foods International Inc. (PSE: FOOD): PhP1.28, -3.76%
- Anglo Philippine Holdings Corporation (PSE: APO): PhP1.93, -3.5%
- Atok-Big Wedge Company Inc. (PSE: AB): PhP23.50, -3.49%