Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks recovered slightly Monday, 22 July, amid quiet trading in the market. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index inched higher by 0.1% to close at 6,627.36.
Total value turnover was just PhP4.7 billion on 864 million shares traded. According to PSE data, foreign buying was PhP2.2 billion while foreign selling was Php2.21 billion.
In terms of indices, only the Industrials (-0.96%) and Holding Firms (0.59%) sectors declined. Leading the gainers was the Mining and Oil index, which continued its rally by posting a 2.32% increase today. There were 67 gainers against 74 losers, while 44 stocks were flat.
The most active stocks in terms of volume are SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP18.34, +2.46%), Manila Electric Company (MER, PhP275.60, -0.72%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP109.70, +1.57%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP3,016.00, +1.55%), Universal Robina Corporation (URC, PhP124.80, -2.27%), SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP937.00, -1.37%), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPI, PhP5.16, +0.78%), Bloomberry Resorts Corp. (BLOOM, PhP11.90, +1.71%), Security Bank Corporation (SECB, PhP143.00, -2.39%), and Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP30.55, +0.16%).
- Southeast Asia Cement Holdings Inc. (PSE: CMT): PhP1.14, +18.75%
- Philippine Seven Corporation (PSE: SEVN): PhP101.00, +10.99%
- Information Capital Technology Ventures Inc. (PSE: ICTV): PhP0.39, +9.86%
- Alphaland Corporation (PSE: ALPHA): PhP40.00, +8.7%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.90, +7.64%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “B” (PSE: LCB): PhP0.59, +7.27%
- GMA Holdings Inc. (PDR) (PSE: GMAP): PhP8.99, +6.9%
- Manila Mining Corporation “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.031, +6.9%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.016, +6.67%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP24.50, +6.52%
- Panasonic Manufacturing Philippines Corporation (PSE: PMPC): PhP5.21, -18.59%
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP6.50, -7.14%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.20, -6.98%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP6.51, -6.6%
- Benguet Corporation “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP8.70, -6.45%
- San Miguel Corporation (PSE: SMC): PhP83.00, -5.14%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP15.00, -4.46%
- Acesite (Philippines) Hotel Corporation (PSE: ACE): PhP1.15, -4.17%
- LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG): PhP22.55, -4.04%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.10, -3.85%