Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks edged slightly higher on Tuesday, July 30, capping a three-day decline. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index gained 0.15% to close the day’s trading at 6,728 – in line with the positive performance of regional markets, which were mostly up ahead of the US Federal Reserve policy meeting.
After surging by 3.7% yesterday, the Mining and Oil sector suffered the biggest decline today, shedding 2.54%, to lead the day’s losing sectors. The Industrials followed with a 0.4% loss, while the Property segment declined by 0.21%. The Financials recovered, gaining 1.11%. The wider All Shares index, on the other hand, was nearly flat.
Trading was moderate today, with value turnover reached PhP7.27 billion on 1.5 billion shares traded. There were 58 gainers against 100 losers, while 36 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks include Manila Electric Company (MER, PhP292.00, +0.27%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP20.10, -3.13%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP107.10, NC), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP30.65, +0.33%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP18.12, -1.84%), SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP952.00, NC), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP3,050.00, -0.2%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP607.50, +0.41%), Trans-Asia Oil and Energy Development Corp. (TA, PhP2.66, -2.56%), Universal Robina Corporation (URC, PhP127.00, -0.39%).
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP14.00, +19.86%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.185, +8.82%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.10, +6.80%
- Alphaland Corporation (PSE: ALPHA): PhP45.00, +6.76%
- Philippine Realty & Holdings Corporation (PSE: RLT): PhP0.53, +6%
- Global-Estate Resorts Inc. (PSE: GERI): PhP1.77, +5.36%
- Philex Petroleum Corporation (PSE: PXP): PhP12.66, +5.15%
- Marcventures Holdings Inc. (PSE: MARC): PhP1.79, +4.68%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.73, +4.22%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.75, +3.55%
- Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP7.52, -16.44%
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.12, -11.67%
- NextStage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP1.96, -10.5%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP9.00, -10%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.45, -9.09%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.012, -7.69%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “A” (PSE: LC): PhP0.64, -7.25%
- City & Land Developers Inc. (PSE: LAND): PhP1.77, -6.84%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.21, -6.2%
- Manila Mining Corporation “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.031, -6.06%