Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks were down for the fifth straight session Tuesday, 25 June, amid continued hot money outflows due to the negative market sentiment from Fed’s announcement of tapering its QE program, and weighed even further down by the current credit crunch in China.
Although the bulls staged a late rally to somehow ease the stocks’ declines, the benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index still ended up down by 3.05% or 181.99 points to close today’s trading at 5,789.06, albeit slightly recovering from early losses of more than 290 points. Nevertheless, as of market close today, the PSEi has basically wiped its gains for 2013.
All counters remained in red. The Holding Firms index shed 4.33% while the Mining and Oil sector lost 3.15%. The wider All Shares index slid by 2.66%.
Trading was heavy today. Value turnover reached PhP12.97 billion on 5.18 billion shares traded. According to data from PSE, foreign buying reached PhP6.91 billion while foreign selling reached PhP8.78 billion. There were 29 gainers today against 168 losers, while 18 stocks were flat.
Most active stocks in terms of volume today are Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC), Bank of the Philippine Islands (PSE: BPI), Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC), and Megaworld Corporation (PSE: MEG).
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP13.94, +38.57%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP3.90, +27.87%
- Panasonic Manufacturing Philippines Corporation (PSE: PMPC): PhP6.60, +26.44%
- Apex Mining Company Inc. “A” (PSE: APX): PhP3.34, +17.19%
- Vitarich Corporation (PSE: VITA): PhP0.77, +10.00%
- Arthaland Corporation (PSE: ALCO): PhP0.205, +7.33%
- Manila Jockey Club Inc. (PSE: MJC): PhP2.20, +4.76%
- I-Remit Inc. (PSE: I): PhP2.87, +4.74%
- Global-Estate Resorts Inc. (PSE: GERI): PhP1.85, +3.93%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.032, +3.23%
- Oriental Peninsula Resources Group Inc. (PSE: ORE): PhP1.34, -26.37%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP30.00, -24.62%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.35, -23.91%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP10.00, -20.00%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.136, -18.07%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.04, -15.99%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS1 (PSE: MEGW1): PhP1.71, -14.50%
- Araneta Properties Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP1.25, -14.38%
- Apex Mining Company Inc. “B” (PSE: APXB): PhP30.00, -14.29%
- Century Properties Group Inc. (PSE: CPG): PhP1.22, -13.48%