Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks were down for the second straight session, weighed down by poor industry data in global markets. Late in the session, the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index went down by as much as 173.29 points, before slightly recovering to limit losses to just 89.91 points or 1.33% to close the trading day at 6,673.47.
All counters remained in the red. The Services index shed the most at 3.08%, followed by the Financials, which lost 2.47%. The Property segment came in at third, shedding 1.26%. The Holding Firms sector was nearly flat, declining by 0.02%.
Trading was heavy. Value turnover reached PhP13.25 billion, while volume reached 1.77 billion shares. There were 53 gainers against 123 losers, while 41 stocks were flat.
The most active stocks were SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Puregold Price Club Inc. (PSE: PGOLD), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), Manila Electric Company (PSE: MER), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), San Miguel Corporation (PSE: SMC), and Cosco Capital Inc. (PSE: COSCO).
Top gainers were:
- Republic Glass Holdings Corporation (PSE: REG): PhP2.65, +12.77%
- Concrete Aggregates Corporation “A” (PSE: CA): PhP54.95, +9.90%
- Keppel Philippine Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: KPH): PhP5.65, +8.65%
- Nickel Asia Corporation (PSE: NIKL): PhP20.50, +7.67%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.31, +6.90%
- Alphaland Corporation (PSE: ALPHA): PhP15.60, +6.56%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.16, +6.42%
- The Philodrill Corporation (PSE: OV): PhP0.043, +4.88%
- Agrinurture Inc. (PSE: ANI): PhP6.50, +4.84%
- iPeople Inc. (PSE: IPO): PhP11.20, +4.67%
The biggest losers were:
- Synergy Grid & Development Phils. Inc. (PSE: SGP): PhP312.00, -30.67%
- Bloomberry Resorts Corp. (PSE: BLOOM): PhP10.30, -11.21%
- Cyber Bay Corporation (PSE: CYBR): PhP0.50, -10.71%
- Philex Petroleum Corporation (PSE: PXP): PhP15.18, -10.18%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.80, -10.00%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.039, -9.30%
- ISM Communications Corporation (PSE: ISM): PhP2.09, -9.13%
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP): PhP9.11, -8.90%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.36, -7.69%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP7.80, -7.14%