Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks hit a new yet again on Wednesday, 15 May, buoyed by strong 1Q results and optimism on the country’s outlook after the election. The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index extended its rally to reach 7,392.2 – up by 1.08% or 78.74 points, but not before touching a new intraday peak of 7,403.65.
The Property index led the sectors, gaining 1.82%, followed by the Industrials’ 1.52% increase. The Financials came in at third today by adding 1.2%, while the wider All Shares index edged higher by 0.69%. On the down side, the Mining and Oil index shed another 1.82%, while the Services sector slid by 0.31%.
Trading was very heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP21.389 billion on 3.05 billion shares traded. There were 73 gainers and 88 decliners, while 51 stocks remained flat.
The most active stocks today are SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), International Container Terminal Services Inc. (PSE: ICT), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC, PSE: MPI), BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO), Megaworld Corporation (PSE: MEG), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), and Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI).
Top gainers are as follows:
- House of Investments Inc. (PSE: HI): PhP8.75, +13.49%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP9.49, +13.38%
- Primex Corporation (PSE: PRMX): PhP3.90, +13.04%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.027, +8.00%
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.076, +7.04%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.018, +5.88%
- Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC): PhP132.00, +4.76%
- Arthaland Corporation (PSE: ALCO): PhP0.22, +4.76%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corporation (PSE: CPM): PhP1.13, +4.63%
- Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI): PhP27.55, +4.16%
The top losers are:
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP7.50, -11.24%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.42, -10.69%
- Omico Corporation (PSE: OM): PhP0.56, -6.67%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP4.39, -6.60%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.45, -6.25%
- International Container Terminal Services Inc. (PSE: ICT): PhP93.90, -6.05%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.016, -5.88%
- Liberty Flour Mills Inc. (PSE: LFM): PhP49.00, -5.77%
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP0.67, -5.63%
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP6.72, -5.49%