Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks regained their losses Wednesday, 17 April, boosted by US stock markets recovering on positive housing reports. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index went up by 0.94% or 63.93 points to close today’s trading at 6,850.26.
All counters are back in the green, led by the Financials segment, which gained 1.36%. The Industrials sector, meanwhile, posted a 1.25% growth, while both the Holding Firms and Services indices ended the session 1.03% higher.
One of the key highlights of the day was tycoon Lucio Tan’s conglomerate LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG), which raised $920 million from the sale of stocks in a landmark equity deal that commanded unprecedented global investor interest and hefty market premium. In fact, LT Group is the top most active stock for the day, followed by Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), and Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI).
Trading was very heavy today, with value turnover reaching PhP49.05 billion – the biggest since PHStocks started tracking PSEi data. This may have been driven by LTG’s share offering. Volume traded, meanwhile, reached 5.29 billion. There were 111 gainers today against 51 decliners, while 44 stocks were flat.
The top gainers for the day are:
- Calata Corporation (PSE: CAL): PhP4.15, +15.28%
- Vulcan Industrial & Mining (PSE: VUL): PhP1.88, +14.63%
- BDO Leasing & Finance Inc. (PSE: BLFI): PhP2.25, +12.50%
- LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG): PhP23, +11.11%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.32, +10.34%
- Belle Corporation (PSE: BEL): PhP6.35, +7.26%
- ABS-CBN Holdings Corporation – Phil. Deposit Receipts (PSE: ABSP): PhP46.00, +6.98%
- San Miguel Pure Foods Company Inc. (PSE: PF): PhP302.00, +6.41%
- Acesite (Philippines) Hotel Corporation (PSE: ACE): PhP1.33, +6.4%
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.135, +6.3%
Below are today’s biggest losers:
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP12.74, -19.26%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.28, -8.57%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.35, -7.53%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.016, -5.88%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.40, -5.78%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.49, -5.77%
- iPeople Inc. (PSE: IPO): PhP10.50, -4.55%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.022, -4.35%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.48, -4%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP18.14, -3.61%