Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continue to hold on to the 7,000 territory, managing to eke out a slight growth Monday, 29 April. The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index edged higher by 0.04% or 2.91 points to close today’s trading at 7,028.35 as investors either hold on to their positions or as new investors wait to see a dip to mark their point of entry amid high valuations.
Some profit taking happened in the Holding Firms and Mining and Oil sectors, which dropped by 0.53% and 0.68%, respectively. On the gainers side, the Financials led with a gain of 0.81%, while the Property sector came in at second with an increase of 0.65%.
Trading was moderate, with value turnover reaching PhP7.45 billion on 4.54 billion shares traded. There were 83 gainers against 76 losers, while 44 stocks remained flat.
The top active stocks for today are Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP), LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), and BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO).
Below are the top gainers for the day:
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP12.50, +8.70%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP17.60, +8.24%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.62, +6.90%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.022, +4.76%
- City & Land Developers Inc. (PSE: LAND): PhP2.52, +4.56%
- Cebu Holdings Inc. (PSE: CHI): PhP6.00, +4.35%
- RFM Corporation (PSE: RFM): PhP5.83, +4.29%
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.073, +4.29%
- Shang Properties Inc. (PSE: SHNG): PhP3.84, +4.07%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.32, +3.94%
The biggest decliners are:
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP3.45, -11.54%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.50, -11.24%
- Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corporation (PSE: CHIPS): PhP15.02, -8.64%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.39, -6.71%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.425, -6.59%
- Vulcan Industrial & Mining (PSE: VUL): PhP1.92, -5.88%
- Philex Petroleum Corporation (PSE: PXP): PhP27.95, -5.57%
- Bloomberry Resorts Corp. (PSE: BLOOM): PhP12.02, -5.35%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.40, -5.17%
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP): PhP13.40, -4.96%