Manila—(PHStocks)—The Philippine stock market maintained their growth Thursday, 11 April, amid continued upbeat market forecasts. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index gained a slight 0.23% or 15.9 points to close the market at 6,831.74.
All counters, except for the Services index that shed 0.16%, are on the up. The Mining and Oil segment continues to lead the gainers, edging higher by 1.1%. The Holding Firms segment, on the other hand, grew by 0.83%.
Trading was moderately heavy, and there were signs of profit taking. However, the bulls persist at the end of the day to pull in slight gains across all sectors. Value turnover reached PhP8.07 billion, while trading volume reached 3.26 billion. There were 102 gainers against 57 losers, while 42 stocks remained flat.
The top most active stocks were Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), and Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC).
Top gainers are as follows:
- Synergy Grid & Development Phils. Inc. (PSE: SGP): PhP405.00, +15.71%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP5.45, +12.37%
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP): PhP16.26, +12.14%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.50, +11.11%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corporation (PSE: CPM): PhP0.99, +10.00%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.32, +8.47%
- Vista Land & Lifescapes Inc. (PSE: VLL): PhP6.06, +7.26%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.018, +5.88%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP20.00, +5.26%
- Alcorn Gold Resources Corporation (PSE: APM): PhP0.171, +4.91%
Biggest losers for the day are the following:
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP5.21, -13.17%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP8.95, -10.50%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.045, -10.00%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.30, -8.12%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP16.40, -7.34%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.59, -6.35%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.51, -5.56%
- Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corporation (PSE: CHIPS): PhP16.80, -5.51%
- TKC Steel Corporation (PSE: T): PhP2.31, -5.33%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.02, -4.76%