Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks made history during the second trading day of the year as the bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) closed at 5,934.05 points, up 1.25% from yesterday’s close of 5,860.99. In fact, once during midday trading, the mainboard PSEi hit 5,956.42 points before the market went into recess.
The wider all-shares index gained 0.97%, up from yesterday’s 0.75%. All counters were also up, led by the Mining and Oil index, which surged 1.66%. The Property segment grew by 1.33%, while Industrials closed 1.13% higher.
About 2.34 billion shares trade hands today, worth about PhP7.53 billion, up from yesterday’s volume of 2.24 billion shares valued at PhP4.35 billion.
There were 121 gainers today compared to 47 losers, while 43 stocks remain unchanged.
Below are the biggest movers:
- Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “A” (PSE: MIH): PhP15.16, +22.46%
- Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “B” (PSE: MIHB): PhP15, +20.00%
- Swift Foods, Inc. (PSE: SFI): PhP0.154, +8.45%
- Premiere Horizon Alliance Corporation (PSE: PHA): PhP0.34, +7.94%
- Vivant Corporation (PSE: VVT): PhP9, +7.78%
- Benguet Corporation “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP19.30, +7.22%
- Federal Resources Investment Group, Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP10.90, +6.86%
- Suntrust Home Developers, Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP0.57, +5.56%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Phils. Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.89, +5%
- Apex Mining Company, Inc. “B” (PSE: APXB): PhP4.80, +4.35%
The biggest losers, meanwhile, are as follows:
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.25, -9.09%
- Phinma Corporation (PSE: PHN): PhP10.90, -7.47%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.021, -4.55%
- Lafarge Republic Inc. (PSE: LRI): PhP11, -4.18%
- Alliance Select Foods International, Inc. (PSE: FOOD): PhP1.96, -3.92%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corporation (PSE: CPM): PhP0.82, -3.53%
- Lorenzo Shipping Corporation (PSE: LSC): PhP1.40, -3.45%
- Calata Corporation (PSE: CAL): PhP3.81, -3.30%
- iPeople Inc. (PSE: IPO): PhP9, -3.23%
- Philippine Seven Corporation “Common” (PSE: SEVN): PhP90, -3.23%