Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks have continued their growth for the fourth consecutive trading day of the year. For the first time in its history, the bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) breached the 6,000-point mark by closing today’s trading at 6,044.910, up 1.23% from Friday’s closing of 5,971.45 points.
All counters remain on the green, with the Mining and Oil sector gaining 1.79% from last week’s close. The Financials segment came in second with a jump of 1.57%, followed by the Property index, which closed 1.45% higher. The wider all-shares index meanwhile went up 0.88% to 3,811.71.
Trading may have been boosted by the positive note expressed by the First Metro Investment Group, which expects the domestic economy to expand by 7.5% to 8% this year amid benign inflation environment and record-low interest rates. First Metro also notes that spending for the upcoming elections, increased infrastructure projects as well as strong consumer and service sectors are supporting this bullish forecast.
About 3.32 billion shares changed hands today, valued at about PhP8.51 billion. There were 107 advancers against 71 losers, while 39 stocks remained flat.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
- Philippine Racing Club Inc. (PSE: PRC): PhP12, +25.79%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corporation (PSE: CPM): PhP1.03, +18.39%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS1 (PSE: MEGW1): PhP2.25, +14.8%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS2 (PSE: MEGW2): PhP2.2, +12.82%
- Rockwell Land Corporation (PSE: ROCK): PhP2.85, +10.47%
- EasyCall Communications Philippines Inc. (PSE: ECP): PhP2.80, +9.8%
- Liberty Flour Mills Inc. (PSE: LFM): PhP49, +8.89%
- Megaworld Corporation (PSE: MEG): PhP3.33, +8.82%
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.074, +8.82%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.03, +8.42%
Below, meanwhile, are the biggest losers today:
- LMG Chemicals Corporation (PSE: LMG): PhP2.07, -26.60%
- Primex Corporation (PSE: PRMX): PhP2.70, -23.73%
- Federal Resources Investment Group, Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP11, -11.15%
- F & J Prince Holdings Corporation “A” (PSE: FJP): PhP2.95, -10.61%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.053, -10.17%
- Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “B” (PSE: MIHB): PhP15.20, -8.98%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP6.32, -8.41%
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP16.54, -8.01%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP4.18, -6.9%
- Vivant Corporation (PSE: VVT): PhP8.40, -6.67%