Manila—(PHStocks)—Despite the continuing economic crises in the eurozone, the Philippine capital market showed its resilience. The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index gained 0.52% to close at 5,193.84 points on Tuesday, 26 June. The wider all-share index managed remained stable, pulling a slight 0.29% gain on the back of continued optimism in the country’s economic resilience, and growth.
However, the Financials, Mining and Oil, and Property indices retreated slightly after gaining a few points last week and the day before. The Services sector led the sub-indices today, pulling in a 1.5% growth.
Trading volume reached 1.44 billion, valued at PhP4.82 billion. There were 76 gainers against 80 losers, while 42 stocks remained flat.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
1. MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP7, +34.62%
2. Manila Jockey Club, Inc. (PSE: MJC): PhP2.59, +17.73%
3. F & J Prince Holdings Corporation “A” (PSE: FJP): PhP2.74, +9.60%
4. ATN Holdings Inc. A (PSE: ATN): PhP2.58, +7.95%
5. A Brown Company Inc. (PSE: BRN): PhP2.78, +6.92%
6. Paxys Inc. (PSE: PAX): PhP3.07, +6.60%
7. Polar Property Holdings Corporation (PSE: PO): PhP4.44, +6.22%
8. Philex Petroleum Corp. (PSE: PXP): PhP43.15, +6.02%
9. Arthaland Corp. (PSE: ALCO): PhP0.178, +5.95%
10. LMG Chemicals Corp. (PSE: LMG): PhP1.69, +5.63%
11. ATN Holdings, Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP2.69, +5.49%
12. Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP24.95, +3.96%
13. SPC Power Corp. (PSE: SPC): PhP5.5, +3.77%
14. Petroenergy Resources Corp. (PSE: PERC): PhP6.2, +3.33%
15. Liberty Telecoms Holdings, Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP2.8, +3.32%
16. Globe Telecom Inc. (PSE: GLO): PhP1,115.00, +3.24%
17. Premiere Horizon Alliance Corporation (PSE: PHA): PhP0.33, +3.13%
18. Republic Cement Corporation (PSE: RCM): PhP8.45, +3.05%
19. Bankard, Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP0.7, +2.94%
20. DMCI Holdings Inc. (PSE: DMC): PhP56.7, +2.90%