Manila–(PHStocks)–Local shares breached the 5,000-point mark at the close of trading day today, 13 March – a week after closing at 5,030.58 points. The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) closed at 5,005.75 points, extending its gains by 0.61% from Friday last week.
All counters except the Property index pulled in gains as well, led by the Financials sector’s 3.13% increase. The Holding Firms index rose by 0.51% while the Mining & Oil sector went up by 0.48%.
Trading volume reached 5.94 billion, valued at PhP8.45 billion. There were 91 gainers against 77 losers and 39 flat stocks.
The top gainers for the day are as follows:
1. Maybank ATR KimEng Financial Corp. (PSE: MAKE): PhP11.72, +30.22%
2. Lorenzo Shipping Corp. (PSE: LSC): PhP1.50, +19.05%
3. ATS Consolidated Inc. (PSE: ATS): PhP1.70, +17.24%
4. Forum Pacific Inc. (PSE: FPI): PhP0.30, +15.38%
5. Philippine Tobacco Flue-Curing and Redrying Corp. (PSE: TFC): PhP17.80, +14.84%
6. Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP10.94, +13.96%
7. Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP26.00, +13.04%
8. Digital Telecommunications Philippines Inc. (PSE: DGTL): PhP1.26, +12.50%
9. Oriental Peninsula Resources Group Inc. (PSE: ORE): PhP6.89, +10.59%
10. Shang Properties Inc. (PSE: SHNG): PhP2.53, +10%