Manila—(PHStocks)—Local shares recovered after widespread declines yesterday. The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) regained its foothold at the 4,800-point mark, ending the day at 4,805.8 points, up 1.05% from yesterday.
All counters likewise recovered, led by the Holding Firms index, which closed 1.97% higher, followed by the Property index, which posted a 1.16% growth.
Trading volume reached 9.18 billion, valued at PhP14.02 billion. There were 121 gainers today against 48 losers, while 41 stocks remained flat.
Below are the top 10 gainers today:
1. San Miguel Pure Foods Company Inc. (PSE: PF): PhP1,010.00, +26.09%
2. Asia Amalgamated Holdings Corp. (PSE: AAA): PhP5.90, +18%
3. Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “B” (PSE: MIHB): PhP1.74, +16%
4. Central Azucarera de Tarlac (PSE: CAT): PhP14.40, +12.5%
5. DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP8.34, +11.5%
6. Ever-Gotesco Resources and Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.295, +11.32%
7. Liberty Flour Mills Inc. (PSE: LFM): PhP60.00, +11.11%
8. Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.37, +10.45%
9. Filinvest Development Corp. (PSE: FDC): PhP4.43, +10.2%
10. Keppel Philippines Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: KPHB): PhP4.95, +10%