Manila–(PHStocks)–Local shares dropped by 0.87% at the close of trading day Tuesday, 21 February, as investors cash in on gains yesterday. In fact, trading volume reached 18.42 billion today, valued at PhP8.54 billion.
The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) however, kept its foothold at the 4,900-point territory by closing at 4,900.94 amid news of Europe sealing its second Greek bailout package.
All counters except for the Holding Firms index declined, with the Property sector losing 2.76%. Coming from successive gains during the past several days, the Financials index retreated slightly – dropping 0.46% to 1,185.58 points. The Holding Firms segment, meanwhile, managed to pull in a slight 0.18% gain to end at 3,932.64 points.
There were 79 gainers against 97 losers, while 36 stocks remained flat.
Below are the top 10 gainers for the day:
1. Philippine Estates Corp. (PSE: PHES): PhP0.58, +19.59%
2. Cebu Property Venture & Development “A” (PSE: CPV): PhP4.95, +13.79%
3. The Philippine Stock Exchange Inc. (PSE: PSE): PhP355.00, +11.29%
4. Cebu Property Ventures and Development Corp. “B” (PSE: CPVB): PhP4.80, +10.34%
5. Seafront Resources Corp. (PSE: SPM): PhP1.81, +9.7%
6. The Philodrill Corp. (PSE: OV): PhP0.048, +9.09%
7. Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.027, +8%
8. BDO Leasing & Finance Inc. (PSE: BLFI): PhP1.73, +7.45%
9. Marcventures Holdings Inc. (PSE: MARC): PhP2.65, +6.85%
10. House of Investments Inc. (PSE: HI): PhP3.90, +6.85%